Thursday, June 30, 2005

Today, first good day

hi all,

First of all, I would seriously like to thank all of my "friends" who are posting some comments. Yeah I have one, thanks Hil, to the rest of you...I don't write this for my own good. I write this because I guess I wrongly assumed you would enjoy hearing some of my stories...yeah here comes the guilt trip. Get off you butts and make a profile and write some responses. Please, I need the encouragement to go on.

Ok, enough of that. Now, today was a great day. I finally got over my jet lag and slept in a little bit. It was excellent. Bjorn and I grabbed our backpacks and headed into Oslo to grab his railpass at the fedex. We then returned to the center of Oslo to find out if there were any trains headed to any other country. We were actually looking for the train to Kopenhaven (Copenhagen for all you non-euro speakers) We found out that we couldn't leave until 7:00 on Friday, which was fine with us because we toured the viking museum here in Oslo, and journeyed around the town seeing sites. Bjorn's emergency repair on the geek piece will hopefully hold up until we return to the states (boy i love the way that sounds comin outta me "when i get home to the states"). We heard of a humongous rock festival near Kopenhaven and were excited to find out that the foo fighters, greenday, and audioslave all were there. It turns out though that you couldn't buy a one day pass and we didn't want to buy a week pass for one night. So we decided to skip the festival and see what the town has to offer. We had quite a bit of trouble finding a place to stay because of this massive party, but finally found a hostel on the cheap.

Well, I think I may have blathered on plenty long, but just to describe those pictures from yesterday, the one with the boardwalk near the water is Moss, where my college is, and the other one was taken on a good lookout point above Oslo.

I want to thank Dad for the sarcastic e-mail, but I'm sure if you really want a hat like that the Kremlin will send me home with one after my trial. And Darren you know that I have never spoken a true word in my life so...

hope everyone's summer is going great, i'd like to hear about them but nobody posts back, JUST DO IT.

signed a long ways from home
blake

No comments: