Monday, June 27, 2005

A Rocky Start

Well hello again everyone from the two travelers, Bjorn and Blake.

The journey began well enough, I made it to Grand Forks without a hitch. That is where things began to go wrong. I woke up in the morning expecting to buy the few items that i had yet to purchase before i boarded the plane, but it was sunday morning and apparently nothing opens until noon. So, i said forget about that stuff and finally arived at the airport with plenty of time to spare becuase it turns out that there was a thunderstorm moving through and my flight had been delayed. At this point i realized that I would miss my flight out of Minneapolis if we didn't make up any time in the air. Well we actually lost more time in the air because we had to fly south to fargo to get around the storm. Bjorn was more that a little worried as he boarded the plane in Minnesota. He climbed off his plane in Amsterdam and quickly boarded his flight to Oslo, where he waited for me for several hours. Finally, he gave up on me and left for the college in Moss. Meanwhile i was in Minneapolis until 9:00 on sunday night. So my flights were around 6 hours behind Bjorn. When i finally did arrive in Oslo after traveling all that way, missing my flight, waiting forever for my rescheduled flight, sitting next to a rather large lady on the plane, it was nice to hear my name called on the loudspeaker to know that someone was in fact looking for me. Bjorn had talked with the service desk and the nice guy had written down my name and the address and phone number of the school in moss. He was a big help as he put me on the right track to finally meeting up with Bjorn at the college which was lucky in itself because he just happened to be walking across the street when i arrived.

Well, that was the first day of our travels, what else could go wrong, right? Bjorn actually left his Europass at home so now we must try to figure out how to solve that dilemma before we leave for Copenhagen. Wish us luck, but right now I want to tell my mom and Paige both to quit their worrying about me, cuz cuz i know you are. We're off to the train station to figure out what to do next. I'll try to check back as soon as i can, and Hilary, lets not get carried away with this cool business.

seeya
blake and bjorn

No comments: