Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Baseball's A-fraud

Now, I don’t know if this is a big deal to everyone who might be out reading posts, but I love baseball and all this A-fraud business makes me a little angry.

First of all, I want to emphasize the fact that I’m not really an Alex Rodriguez fan. He is a good ball player and all, but he plays for the Yankees so it’s my obligation to dislike him. That being said I was hoping for him to be (and pardon this phrase) the “savior of baseball.” I believed that he was going to come along with his homeruns and wipe the stink of the bulky and obviously doped Barry Bonds from the annals of history. He would take the all-time homerun record from that genetically modified hulk and put it back on legitimate ground. Then he went along and broke our hearts.

Now, there have been many a debate over this subject near the water cooler and on TV. But the question that I keep coming back to is, if his cousin handed him something and he didn’t know exactly what it was and exactly what it would do, why would he take it? He needed it to make him better, so he could live up to the contract. Therefore, he would definitely know what he was taking because he needed it to help him earn the enormous contract that he received. How can somebody who claims that he felt pressured from such a large contract that he needed to take something, how could he then not be sure of what he was taking? And on top of that, how can someone who is earning that kind of coin because of his body not know exactly what the stuff is and what it will do? He’s making a quarter of a billion dollars, but hell lets give the bolé stuff a shot even though I don’t have a clue what it is or what effects it may have on my body.

There are just too many holes in his testimony, and too many lies to start trusting him now.

I’m sorry “Savior” but it turns out you were just a “false prophet” and we will have to continue waiting.

No comments: